Daily except 25 December
Pick up from all central Rotorua accommodation and the Rotorua Information CentreEnds: Rotorua
Trip StyleFitness: Can I do this tour?
It is very important that customers understand that a reasonable level of fitness is required for all tours.
The areas in which we operate vary greatly in terrain and weather conditions. Travellers may be required to undertake walking experiences up to 4 hours in duration in challenging conditions. Travellers must be aware that depending on which region the tour is visiting & the southern hemisphere weather season in which you are travelling, you could encounter extremes of heat ( 40C+) or cold (-5C).
By law it is required that customers advise Real Kiwi Adventures or our travel partners in New Zealand of any pre-existing medical conditions &/or Dietary conditions before they join the tour. Customers may also be asked at time of each tour commencement to sign a liability waiver.
Travellers are requested to contact us on: [email protected] in relation to all medical or dietary issues.
- 4 hour of guided hiking experience
- Courtesy transport from all Rotorua central accommodation locations
WHAT TO BRING
- Sensible shoes for day touring
- A variety of warm clothing
- Hat, sunscreen
- Water Bottle, Snacks, Lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Explore New Zealand Native Bush
- Scree Run Mt Tarawera Crater
Experience the unique landscape and history of Mt Tarawera. Infamous for its eruption on June 10th, 1886, Mt Tarawera created the world’s youngest geothermal valley of Waimangu, at the same destroying the legendary Pink and White Terraces. This fully guided walking experience encompasses the unique landscape and history of the area. With unmatched scenic vistas and 360 panoramic views this experience is ideal for all ages and includes an optional run in to the heart of the volcanic crater.
- Pick up from your Accommodation
- Drive from Rotorua to Mt Tarawera
- 4WD up to the walking track through NZ Native Bush
- Hike up to the Summit
- Skree Run into the Crater
- 4WD back to town